COVID-19 Testing at Medallus Urgent Care Jamestown, ND
Medallus Urgent Care is offering COVID-19 Testing. Request an appointment now for a 15 minute Nasal Swab Test.
15 Minute Rapid Testing Pricing*
Bill Insurance – Allowed Fee Schedule
Cash Pricing – $125
Membership Pricing – $10 office visit $75 test fee
*Provider Office visit separate office visit fee from Test Fee – Insurance Billed or Cash Price
*Telemedicine separate office visit fee from Test Fee – Insurance Billed or $60 Cash Price
15 minute Rapid Covid Nasal Swab Test
The Sofia SARS Antigen Fluorescent Immunoassay (FIA) uses advanced immunofluorescence-based lateral flow technology in a sandwich design for qualitative detection of nucleocapsid protein from SARS-CoV-2. The Sofia SARS Antigen FIA, with the Sofia 2 and Sofia analyzers, provides automated and objective results in 15 minutes, allowing for testing of patients suspected of COVID-19/2019-nCoV in near-patient testing environments.
15 Minute Rapid Antigen Testing Description
• Nasopharyngeal or Nasal swab
• Tests for presence of the virus/virus proteins
• Results: within 15 min
a. Sensitivity (True Positive): 96%
b. Specificity (True Negative): 99%
c. Positive/Negative Predictive Value: 98 %/98%
d. Cross Relativity Testing: Yes
- Virus related to COVID (i.e. H1N4) can cause false positive COVID testing. Cross Relativity Testing assures true COVID infections
• Tests being used have met FDA criteria
• Test results: Positive or Negative
• What does this mean:
- Positive (symptoms or no symptoms): Contact Primary Care Provider immediately for treatment and follow up recommendations. Quarantine for at least 10 days AND until no fever for 24 hours; recommend discussing quarantine guidelines more in detail with your provider. Prior to ending quarantine, consider retesting if possible. Continue COVID precautions as outlined by CDC.
- Negative Test/Symptoms Present: Contact Primary Care Provider for treatment and follow up recommendations. Still recommend quarantine for at least 10 days AND until no symptoms and no fever for 24 hours; however, discussing quarantine guidelines more in detail with your provider. Continue COVID precautions as outlined by CDC.
- Negative Test/No Symptoms:
• No known exposure: continue standard COVID precautions as outlined by CDC. No quarantine required
• Known exposure:
• Less than 7 days from exposure: quarantine for 14 days from exposure; retest if symptoms develop. Continue COVID precautions as outline by CDC
• More than 7 days from exposure AND no symptoms: no quarantine required/may return to work/school/activities. Continue COVID precautions as outlined by CDC. Retest if develop symptoms or new exposures.